3 Reasons To Burn Oak Firewood:
- Longest Burn Duration - very dense fibre and chunkier shapes means it burns much slower than other types. You will need plenty of kindling and a good fire going to start with Oak.
- Great Heat Output - High calorific content means its a great firewood and considered one of the best. Continuous warmth with a flickering low flame.
Maintenance - Oak burns with consistent heat and low flame so you wont need to tend the fire as often, creates minimal ash and is a classic traditional firewood - It's been used for decades.
Once you have mastered how to burn Oak its a great choice of firewood, if not the best! Shop online here
3 Reasons To Burn BIRCH Firewood:
- Easy to light - Best gateway wood for the burning world,easy to light as the bark acts like kindling.
- Fierce Burn - Burns with large flames, generates lots of heat, and is easy to control.
- Value - Good value, and ideal wood to mix - we find out 50:50 oak and birch mix a perfect combo for wood burning stoves.